Applications should be sent in one large, flat envelope to:
Office of Senator Bill Cassidy
c/o Shawn Hanscom
450 Laurel Street, Suite 1400
Baton Rouge, LA 70801
Each application packet must include the following:
- Completed application form
- Current photo
- High school transcript (plus college transcript and/or description of military history if appropriate)
- American College Testing Program (ACT) results and/or College Board Scholastic Assessment Test (SAT) results (You must include hard copies of your scores in the nomination packet, with exceptions for test scores that you receive after November 1 but before your nomination interview, so long as you give Senator Cassidy’s Service Academy coordinator prior notification)
- Resume of extra-curricular activities
- An essay stating why you want to attend a Service Academy and why you feel you are prepared to do so (500 words or less)
- Minimum of three letters (maximum of five) of recommendation
More information on how these items should be submitted is in the application and FAQ section.
Please do not staple the pages together. The application must be in Senator Cassidy’s office by November 1, 2023.
If you have additional questions, please contact Senator Cassidy’s Service Academy Coordinator at email@example.com or (225) 929-7711.
Thank you again for contacting Senator Cassidy’s office.