Cassidy Announces Appropriations, HELP Subcommittees
WASHINGTON - Today, U.S. Senator Bill Cassidy, M.D. announced he will serve on the following subcommittees:
- Homeland Security
- Interior, Environment, and Related Agencies
- Labor, Health and Human Services, Education, and Related Agencies
- Military Construction, Veterans Affairs, and Related Agencies
- Transportation, Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies
Health, Education, Labor and Pensions (HELP)
- Primary Health and Aging
- Children and Families
- Employment and Workplace Safety
***Subcommittee assignments for the Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee have not yet been announced.
Dr. Cassidy issued the following statement:
"These subcommittees provide the opportunity to tackle issues important to Louisiana’s future. We must be responsible when funding policies and programs that will create jobs and provide for a strong national defense.
“We also have the opportunity to put forward health care policies that empower patients, not bureaucrats. These subcommittee assignments will be a starting point for discussing these solutions."
Dr. Cassidy is a member of the Energy and Natural Resources, HELP, Veterans Affairs, Appropriations and Joint Economic Committees.
Next Article Previous Article