Cassidy Releases Landmark Energy & Climate Policy Outline, Calls for Energy Operation Warp Speed
WASHINGTON – U.S. Senator Bill Cassidy, M.D. (R-LA) today released a visionary policy outline detailing how the U.S. can successfully reset its energy and climate policy and create a global Russia-free energy future. Cassidy, a member of the Senate Energy and Finance Committees, called for an Energy Operation Warp Speed to reestablish America’s energy dominance.
“The world will be safer and the planet healthier in a future free of Russian energy. This requires addressing global security, climate, and the ability of a family to afford a tank of gas,” said Dr. Cassidy. “We need an Operation Warp Speed for domestic energy production.”
(Click here to read)
Cassidy’s outline charts a four pronged approach for the U.S. to achieve its energy, national security, economic, and climate goals:
- Create an Energy Operation Warp Speed to invest in U.S. energy production and cut bureaucratic red-tape
- Build more resilient supply chains by stockpiling fuels and critical minerals, nature-proofing our infrastructure, and reducing supply chain constraints through innovative research
- Draw developing countries closer by financing smart and sustainable energy production in developing nations to limit dependence on Russia and China
- Coordinate with our allies to alleviate current energy crisis, end reliance on Russia, and reduce global emissions
Cassidy’s outline balances U.S. policy at the nexus of the environment, national security, economy, and affordable energy. It aims to restore America’s energy independence, bolster our national security and the security of our allies, reduce global emissions, and lower high energy costs harming American families.
Read the full policy outline here.
Background on Cassidy’s recent work to support American energy production:
- September 29, 2021: Cassidy delivered a floor speech lambasting President Biden’s energy policies that have resulted in skyrocketing inflation, rising energy prices, and U.S. job losses.
- November 2, 2021: Cassidy wrote an op-ed with Senator Kevin Cramer (R-ND) on the Biden administration’s counterproductive energy policy that is putting Americans out of work and allowing adversaries like Russia to increase their energy supply.
- January 13, 2022: Cassidy voted to pass legislation to sanction the Russian Nord Stream 2 pipeline and undermine Russian influence in Europe.
- January 21, 2022: Cassidy wrote an op-ed for FoxNews.com highlighting the need for the United States to create a new path to lead on climate policy to undermine Russian influence.
- January 21, 2022: Cassidy joined Your World on Fox News to discuss the United States’ dependence on foreign nations for oil.
- February 3, 2022: Cassidy announced opposition to Biden administration's anti-energy Federal Reserve nominee.
- February 3, 2022: Cassidy joined Varney and Co. on Fox Business to discuss rising oil and gas prices and the Biden administration’s assault on American' pocketbooks.
- February 5, 2022: Cassidy spoke to the Washington Examiner on the importance of leveraging the United States’ domestic oil and gas to displace dirtier competitor fuels to reduce global greenhouse gas emissions.
- February 8, 2022: Cassidy grilled Biden administration Assistant Secretary for Land and Minerals Management at the U.S. Department of the Interior nominee regarding the administration’s backwards energy policies that are undermining American energy independence and efforts to reduce global emissions.
- February 9, 2022: Cassidy joined the Brian Kilmeade Show on Fox News Radio to discuss the Biden administration’s decision to greenlight the Nord Stream 2 pipeline, preventing U.S. offshore leasing, and the situation in Ukraine.
- February 13, 2022: Cassidy joined Fox News Sunday with Sandra Smith to discuss the Biden administration’s energy policy failures in terms of climate, national security, and the economy, as well as the need to put in place an agenda that undermines Russia's influence.
- February 16, 2022: Cassidy and colleagues demanded answers from Biden administration on shutdown of the Keystone XL pipeline.
- February 16, 2022: Cassidy joined The Evening Edit on Fox Business to discuss the energy crisis and Russian aggression in Ukraine.
- February 17, 2022: Cassidy led 26 colleagues in urging Biden administration to increase LNG exports, undermine Russian influence.
- February 17, 2022: Cassidy, Rubio and Rounds introduced a bill to expedite natural gas exports to U.S. partners, erode Russian influence.
- February 19, 2022: Cassidy joined Cavuto Live on Fox News to discuss the Biden administration’s energy policies impact on American jobs, gas prices, and ability to deter Russian aggression.
- February 24, 2022: Cassidy spoke to the Washington Examiner arguing the Biden administration has worked to increase the price of oil and gas internationally and here in the United States, while propping up Putin’s influence in Europe.
- February 28, 2022: Cassidy called on Congress to pass his “Expediting Natural Gas Exports to Allies Act to support American LNG exports to Europe to undermine Russian influence.
- March 1, 2022: Cassidy introduces No Most Favored Nation Trading with Russia Act to revoke Russia’s most-favored-nation status, which currently shields Russia from being subject to U.S. tariffs.
Next Article Previous Article