WASHINGTON – U.S. Senator Bill Cassidy, M.D. (R-LA) yesterday delivered a speech on the U.S. Senate floor outlining the need for a global Russia-free energy future by implementing an Energy Operation Warp Speed to streamline federal permitting and increase domestic energy production. Cassidy explains that his plan will not only grow the American economy, but help our allies become less dependent on Russian oil and decrease carbon emissions worldwide.
“We are at a point in time where it is clear that there is a nexus between energy, climate, economic security for a family and a foreign nation, and national security,” said Dr. Cassidy. “And if we ignore any one, if we overemphasize one and forget the rest, then we lose all four.”
“If we have multiple agencies right now who are in charge of permitting some aspect of energy, whether it’s renewables, whether it’s mining, whether it’s exports, there can be an Operation Warp Speed for how they work together to bring our energy resources to bear in helping the Europeans become free of Russian energy,” continued Dr. Cassidy.
On March 9th, Cassidy released a visionary policy outline detailing how the U.S. can successfully reset energy and climate policy and create a global Russia-free energy future.
Background on Cassidy’s recent work to support American energy production:
- September 29, 2021: Cassidy delivered a floor speech lambasting President Biden’s energy policies that have resulted in skyrocketing inflation, rising energy prices, and U.S. job losses.
- November 2, 2021: Cassidy wrote an op-ed with Senator Kevin Cramer (R-ND) on the Biden administration’s counterproductive energy policy that is putting Americans out of work and allowing adversaries like Russia to increase their energy supply.
- January 13, 2022: Cassidy voted to pass legislation to sanction the Russian Nord Stream 2 pipeline and undermine Russian influence in Europe.
- January 21, 2022: Cassidy wrote an op-ed for FoxNews.com highlighting the need for the United States to create a new path to lead on climate policy to undermine Russian influence.
- January 21, 2022: Cassidy joined Your World on Fox News to discuss the United States’ dependence on foreign nations for oil.
- February 3, 2022: Cassidy announced opposition to Biden administration’s anti-energy Federal Reserve nominee.
- February 3, 2022: Cassidy joined Varney and Co. on Fox Business to discuss rising oil and gas prices and the Biden administration’s assault on American’ pocketbooks.
- February 5, 2022: Cassidy spoke to the Washington Examiner on the importance of leveraging the United States’ domestic oil and gas to displace dirtier competitor fuels to reduce global greenhouse gas emissions.
- February 8, 2022: Cassidy grilled Biden administration Assistant Secretary for Land and Minerals Management at the U.S. Department of the Interior nominee regarding the administration’s backwards energy policies that are undermining American energy independence and efforts to reduce global emissions.
- February 9, 2022: Cassidy joined the Brian Kilmeade Show on Fox News Radio to discuss the Biden administration’s decision to greenlight the Nord Stream 2 pipeline, preventing U.S. offshore leasing, and the situation in Ukraine.
- February 13, 2022: Cassidy joined Fox News Sunday with Sandra Smith to discuss the Biden administration’s energy policy failures in terms of climate, national security, and the economy, as well as the need to put in place an agenda that undermines Russia’s influence.
- February 16, 2022: Cassidy and colleagues demanded answers from Biden administration on shutdown of the Keystone XL pipeline.
- February 16, 2022: Cassidy joined The Evening Edit on Fox Business to discuss the energy crisis and Russian aggression in Ukraine.
- February 17, 2022: Cassidy led 26 colleagues in urging Biden administration to increase LNG exports, undermine Russian influence.
- February 17, 2022: Cassidy, Rubio and Rounds introduced a bill to expedite natural gas exports to U.S. partners, erode Russian influence.
- February 19, 2022: Cassidy joined Cavuto Live on Fox News to discuss the Biden administration’s energy policies impact on American jobs, gas prices, and ability to deter Russian aggression.
- February 24, 2022: Cassidy spoke to the Washington Examiner arguing the Biden administration has worked to increase the price of oil and gas internationally and here in the United States, while propping up Putin’s influence in Europe.
- February 28, 2022: Cassidy called on Congress to pass his “Expediting Natural Gas Exports to Allies Act to support American LNG exports to Europe to undermine Russian influence.
- March 1, 2022: Cassidy introduces No Most Favored Nation Trading with Russia Act to revoke Russia’s most-favored-nation status, which currently shields Russia from being subject to U.S. tariffs.
- March 9, 2022: Cassidy releases landmark energy & climate policy outline on how the U.S. can successfully reset energy and climate policy and create a global Russia-free energy future.